The Alliance Française is the largest network of French language and cultural centers in the world. The Alliances across the world are dedicated to promoting French language and francophone culture in order to foster relationships between people of all nationalities, ethnicities, and races. There are over 1,000 Alliance chapters in the world and over 136 countries have at least one city with an Alliance Française.
The Alliance Française of Manama is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that is subsidized by the French government. It is an educational, cultural association headed by a Franco-Bahraini committee.
The Alliance Française of Manama is the leading center in Bahrain for French language services and francophone resources. The goal of the Alliance is to challenge and enrich the lives of the people living in Bahrain by offering the chance to connect with people of different backgrounds and cultures in order to better understand and appreciate the greater global community.
The Alliance Française of Bahrain offers:
• French language courses for children and adults looking to learn a new language in a friendly atmosphere.
• The only testing center in Bahrain to offer language certifications including the TEF/TEFAQ, DELF/DALF and DELF Prim, and the DAEFLE
• Cultural activities for adults and children that allow them to get to know French people and experience “la France” thanks to cinéma soirées, exhibitions, lectures, quiz, French food tasting and concerts. (Learn more than just a language)
• A state of the art library with thousands of books, movies, CDs, magazines and other digital resources for both native speakers and French students.
• An outreach program to bring French language programs to the schools in Bahrain.